Environmental law and waste management
The new Waste Act in force in Slovakia introduces a full range of duties for waste originators, waste collection companies, waste processors and producer responsibility organisations. Many of these are rather controversial and raise many questions.
We have closely followed the application of the new Waste Act, and have written a number of articles on the topic.
We are well placed to advise on:
- obtaining environmental authorisations and licenses;
- drafting and negotiating agreements for producer responsibility organisations;
- drafting a generally binding municipal regulation related to waste disposal;
- drafting and reviewing contracts for waste collection and processing;
- drawing up a checklist of obligations and their timeline;
- analysing environmental risks; and
- preparing and conducting a legal environmental audits.